Friday, July 6, 2012

Huynh (Houston, TX)

Very decent Vietnamese food with great service.

We stopped by this place for lunch the other day during our July 4 holiday trip to Houston. It seems like they ere the only one business with customers in the area.

We tried:
1) Goi Cuon (Shrimp and pork Spring roll) - Good. The peanut sauce was good. Far better than most restaurants that I have tried so far.

2) Goi Cuon Thit Nuong - Spring roll with grilled pork and Nuoc Cham (fish sauce) - Good.

3) Mi Quang - I have to admit that I have never tried this dish before. Seeing it being their favorite dish, I gave it a try for the first time. First taste I thought it was just ok. But the more I eat, the more I crave for it. It has soup but not as much as you would find in Pho. One problem with this dish was the crackers. They were a little hard and not crunchy as they should be.

4) Ca Phe Sua Da (Vietnamese iced milk coffee) - Got this to go. Yum.

5) Pho - Just OK for me. My wife liked it though.


Address:
912 Saint Emanuel St
Houston, TX 77003

Phone:
(713) 224-8964

Website:
http://huynhrestauranthouston.com

VL Rating: Good


View Larger Map



No comments:

Post a Comment