Monday, January 7, 2013

MWAVE.com selling refurbished hard drive as NEW

WARNING: Stay away from MWave.com.

Got the Seagate hard drive from MWAVE.com a few months ago. When I received the package, the hard drive was just wrapped in bubble wrap. No box. I had a little doubt but gave it a try any way. Well, the hard drive failed after 1 week of using. Contacted MWave and get it replaced. The replacement hard drive came exactly as the first one, bubble wrapped without original box. The hard drive failed again after a few weeks. I tried to contact them again but they never got back to me. I contacted American Express to resolve the issue but MWave.com lied to Amex about me being not contacting them. Well I figure I would give them another chance and contact them again to get a refund. This time, I got the email with the RMA# but it was only for return/exchange. I called them up and they told me that they couldn't issue a refund because it has been more than 30 days since I purchased it. I also mentioned about the product does not come with the original box and the girl told me that they do send out refurbished products. I think what I got is a refurbished product and NOT a new one. I wanted to talk to her manager but she said the guy was out for lunch...at 2:30pm. I also asked to get the replacement in a different brand but she said theycouldn't do that.

Anyway, I'm going to try again with Amex and see if they can help me.

Advice:
If you have not buy anything from MWave.com, do NOT buy from them.
If you did and got a defect product, get a refund. Don't go through what I have been through.

VL Rating: POOR (for MWave.com)

Website: MWave.com



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment