Monday, September 19, 2011

How to Unlock Your Cell Phone for FREE?

I have been trying to prepare for my trip to Vietnam in December and after doing some research online regarding cell phone usage in Vietnam I found out that if I have an unlocked phone, I can get a prepaid SIM card and use it while in Vietnam. The only problem was my phone is an AT&T phone. I did some search and found conflicting information regarding unlocking the cell phone. But I did found a forum that people in there suggesting to contact AT&T directly to get the unlock code. I was a little skeptical but tried any way.

To my surprise, AT&T people gave me the unlock code after verifying a few information including IMEI number.

Here is the instruction they gave me together with the unlock code;

1 Power off device and remove AT&T SIM card.
2 Insert card from another wireless carrier.
3 Power on the handset.
4 Press the left arrow (<) button.
5 Press the star (*) button twice.
6 Press the left arrow button. Display indicates ME Lock.

Wait approximately three seconds.
The display indicates Network and a picture of a closed lock.

7 Press Yes. The display indicates Unlock?
8 Press Yes. The display indicates Enter NCK.
9 Enter the SIM unlock code.
10 Press Yes. The handset displays Network and a picture of an open lock for three seconds and then reverts to the main display.
11 The handset is successfully unlocked.

I’ll have to do it in Vietnam when I get the new prepaid SIM card.

I’ll  give an update after my trip.

Note:
To look up your IMEI number enter the following keys on your cell phone keypad: *# 0 6 #

No comments:

Post a Comment