Monday, October 10, 2011

Cheetah Mounts APDAM2B - Wall Mount Bracket for Plasma and LCD Flat Screen TVs

I just installed this for my sister-in-law today. She has a Samsung 42" Plasma TV. I mounted it on an inside wall with wood studs inside. The critical part was finding the wood studs. For some reasons, the stud finder that I have was not very accurate on the location of the studs. So what I did was (as mentioned in the installation manual) driving small, thin and long nails around the area where the stud finder found the studs to get the center of the studs. If the nail go in easy, that means there is no stud behind it.  I was able to find the center of the studs with minimal effort.

Note that the built-in level might be a little off. I used 2 other levels that I have to confirm this. This is not that important since you can still level the "TV Plate" (the plate that you hang the TV on) . Note that the 4 screws that hold the TV Plate and the Arms are NOT tightly secured. After checking with a level, remember to tighten these screws.

The package comes with other screws and plastic washers that are not mentioned in the installation manual. You can use those if the screws that come with your TV are too short and the area around the screws is uneven.

VL Rating: Excellence

Amazon.com has it for $80.74 the last ime I checked. Click on this link Cheetah Mounts APDAM2B to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment