Sunday, October 9, 2011

C. Crane LB3 LED Flashlight

I bought this flashlight (C. Crane LB3 LED Flashlight) as a filler item to get free shipping from C. Crane. I didn't really expect much from this light when I ordered it. I thought it would be dim. But boy I was wrong. This flashlight uses only 1 AAA battery but it is so bright. And it is small too. Just a little bigger than AAA battery. It will definitely go with me when I'm traveling. Did I say it's cheap...I got it for about $8. Great deal.

You can get it from C. Crane or you can can also get it from Amazon.com (through Smarthome) for $7.95 + 5.99 Shipping by clicking on this link: C. Crane LB3 LED Flashlight

Update: Oct. 9, 2011
This light saved our lives. Well not literally :-). At around 3:30pm on Sep. 8, 2011, the day before our last day in San Diego, there was a historic black out in San Diego history. The traffic lights stopped working and there was a massive traffic jams. We got stuck on the road (in Carlsbad, CA) for a few hours just to go 10 miles. Stores, Supermarkets restaurants etc. were closed early and we barely got dinner for that night. We were lucky enough to get the last 3 kid meals from Subway before they ran out of everything and closed for the day. When we got back to the hotel, it was total darkness. Lucky enough, we got this little flash light with us. With 1 single battery, there was enough light for 4 of us to take showers separately and pack everything before going to sleep. It got a little dimmer when we were done everything (about 2-3 hours of continuous use) but I think it can probably to go for a little longer but definitely not the 20 hour rating as specified. It's probably because I was using the Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable battery (Ni-NH) and not the regular (alkaline) batteries. So if you're using rechargeable battery, don't forget to bring extra batteries.

Website:
http://www.ccrane.com/lights/led-flashlights/lb-3-led-flashlight.aspx

Specifications:
- 3 Bright White LED Bulbs
- Aluminum Body
- Uses 1 AAA battery
- Last 20 Hours from 1 AAA
- Twist ON/OFF Switch
- Included Woven Wrist Lanyard

VL Rating: Excellence



No comments:

Post a Comment